Volunteers are a vital part of the Lycoming County SPCA. Without them, we would not be able to perform many of the functions at our shelter. Because of the sensitive nature of our work and the potential liability involved, the SPCA accepts volunteers ages 14 and over.
We are always looking for eager volunteers to assist with the shelter animals and everyday responsibilities of shelter life. Whether you are interested in walking dogs, socializing cats, office work, or special events, we have something for you.
High School students who are interested in volunteering for their senior projects need to complete the Volunteer Application and High School Senior Project form, attend orientation with a parent, and perform the agreed on project.
Special Note: Volunteering for personal enrichment and performing community service are not the same. If you are required to perform community service and wish to do so at the SPCA, please contact the shelter and inquire about our community service program.
Become A Volunteer
1. Fill out and submit a volunteer application. Each application will be reviewed and applicants will be contacted by the Volunteer Manager.
2. All volunteers are required to go through orientation, which is held three to four times a year.
3. Volunteers then have three requirements they must fulfill:
- Four hours participation in fundraising and special events.
- Saturday or Sunday morning kennel cleaning training.
- Animal Handling Class (You must take this class before you may work with the animals).
Volunteer Application forms are also available at the SPCA.