Staff member Wendy loves to treat the pooches in her life with these tasty “pupcakes.”
- ½ cup rye flour (or whole wheat flour or brown rice flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, canola oil, applesauce, egg, and honey until well combined.
- Insert cupcake liners into a muffin or cupcake pan. Spoon mixture into cupcake liners, filling each about halfway.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir yogurt and peanut butter until mixture is smooth and creamy. Use a small spatula or butter knife to smooth a thin layer of the peanut butter frosting over each cupcake.
- Storage: cupcakes should hold up for 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container in a cool, shaded, dry spot. Peanut butter frosting should be stored separately, covered and refrigerated. Frost cupcakes immediately before serving.