- This event has passed.
LAST DAY – 2019 Pawtraits Pet Calendar Contest Entries Being Accepted until 2PM!
August 1, 2018 @ 12:00 am - 2:00 pm
Our popular calendar photo contest is underway for 2019! First Responder/Emergency Services professionals serving Lycoming County are again invited to participate in the calendar contest.
- Entries will be accepted January 1, 2018, through Monday, August 1, 2018, at 2:00 p.m.
- All photos will be included in the calendar.
- The 12 photos raising the most money will be featured with their own month.
- ANY domestic pet is invited to participate.
- The top 12 fundraisers will be invited to a professional photo shoot.
- People with pets who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge may submit a photo to the contest.
- Multiple pets are allowed in one photo.
- No people may appear in the photos (except if you are a First Responder, in which case, humans must appear in the photo).
- All photos become the property of the SPCA and will not be returned.
- $10.00 entry fee for each photo submitted. The entry fee is waived for First Responders.
Last year’s calendar contest had a total of forty entries, raising $3,640. The project also raises money from corporate sponsors, as well as donations from community service groups, whose generosity are all recognized in the calendar. Funds raised go directly towards animal care at the shelter, which served 2,492 animals in 2017.
How do I submit an entry?
- 2019 Calendar Contest entries will be accepted now through August 1, 2018.
- Download and print the 2019 Entry Form. First Responders, please use this form: 2019 First Responder Rules & Entry Form.
- Submit your favorite 4×6 (horizontal) photo along with the Entry Form and a $10.00 entry fee for each photo submitted.
- Entries may be mailed or dropped off at the Lycoming County SPCA at 2805 Reach Road, Williamsport, or dropped off in the secure ballot box at the calendar contest display in the Center Court of the Lycoming Mall.
Where can I purchase a 2018 calendar?
2018 calendars are available at the SPCA, the SPCA Store at the Lycoming Mall (open the 3rd weekend of each month for special Offsite Adoption Weekends), or at participating veterinary offices and stores including Fresh Life, Gustonian Gifts, and Avu Goldsmiths. All donations from calendar purchases go directly towards the shelter’s mission to protect all domestic animals across Lycoming County by providing shelter, emergency treatment, investigation and prosecution of cruelty or abuse complaints, foster care, adoption, and counseling.